Delicate lace, feminine satin and sheer shiffon have persisted on spring summer 2010 runways all over the world as a lingerie-inspired trend. It demonstrates a sleek, strong feminity that stands on the opposite to the “borrowed from your boyfriend” look.
Vera Wang, Proenza Schouler, Stella McCartney, Dolce & Gabbana, Jean Paul Gaultier and especially Christian Dior – this is a short excerpt of designers who have presented the boudoir-inspired clothes pointing out that the aim is to wear underwear as outerwear. In fact it’s difficult but totally doable taking into consideration these tips.
Lingerie as outerwear – how-to:
- Try two different styles: one – casual – like someone just caught you in the middle of the night in your bedroom, two – elegant – a polished and alluring lacey look
- Accessorize satin separates with shoes and bags embellished with flirty ruffles and frills
- Pair the innerwear as outerwear clothes with pastels, they are all very in right now (see: spring 2010 fashion trends)
- Mix delicate blush tones with accents of black lace and pearls
- Buy a corset top with a structured shape but not the one that will prevent you from breathing
- If you are used to living in an artistic, fashion-related environment go for ripped stockings, stay-ups or suspenders. I wouldn’t recommend it but it’s fashionable too. Very Lindsay Lohan-like
- Remember that panty diaper shorts, super-short miniskirts and see-through clothes aren’t suitable for work so try something not that revealing