Stars have never shone so brightly as the greatest celebrity fashionistas are now wearing glitter dresses. Charlize Theron, Eva Longoria, Rihanna, Kate Bosworth, Drew Barrymore, Jessica Simpson and Natalie Portman get into the holiday spirit with sexy high-shine frocks.
Shimmering clothes and accessories are another fall 2009 / winter 2010 must-have. All the types of paillettes are permitted: sequins, spangles, everything. It can be a dress, a bag or a jewellery – the hottest accent trims are glistening and sparkling their way down the recent fashion runways and Hollywood red carpets.
Learn from the stars how to sport a sexy glittery look: for the day choose a subtle shimmer, at night dare to dazzle with an outstanding shiny dress. Be careful of what you wear it with, keep your accessories basic. You can alternatively go for a plain LBD and pair it with some sparkling accessories.
Who, What, Wore?
- Charlize Theron – Christian Dior lurex wrap dress, the L.A. screening of “The Road”
- Eva Longoria – Zuhair Murad Resort 2010 glitter dress, the Latin Grammy Awards in Las Vegas
- Rihanna – Noir Jewelry for The Blonds spiky gold dress, the “Rated R” album release party in NYC
- Kate Bosworth – Sonia Rykiel Spring 2009 dress, the Sonia Rykiel & H&M Underwear Collection Launch
- Drew Barrymore – Emilio Pucci Spring 2009 sequined mini dress, the New York premiere of “Everybody’s Fine”
- Jessica Simpson – Collette Dinnigan little sequined mini-dress, the “Chicago” Opening Night on Broadway in NYC
- Natalie Portman – Proenza Schouler Spring 2010 sequined dress, the IFP’s 19th Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards in NYC