To see the hottest winter coats from the latest collections go here: winter coats 2010.
As the days in fall are getting colder and colder, a good coat is not only a must in the terms of fashion but it is also about keeping warm. It is said that:
“Splurging on one stunning coat for the winter is always worthwhile since it will be worn often and can make less expensive clothes look more elegant.”
|Kenneth Cole Women’s Zip-Front Wool-Blend Coat with Pockets||T Tahari Women’s Marla Wool Wrap Coat|
Coat Trends and Types for Fall 2009 / Winter 2010
don’t impress. They are quite classical and predictable. There are some exquisite examples which include bright colours or ruffles, but most of the coats presented in Fall 2009 / Winter 2010 collections are based on black and neutrals. So what in en vogue?
- oversized collars, crewneck (Oscar de la Renta) or revers collar (Roland Mouret)
- fur detailing – fur cuffs and collars (or both in case of Donna Karan) if you’re not ready for fur itself
- highlighted waist (Badgley Mischka) or A-line coats (Preen)
- strong shoulders (BCBG Max Azria)
- buttons: single-breasted coats (Moschino), double-breasted coats (Burberry Prorsum), pea coats – especially the ones refering to the military trend which is now more feminine than it used to be (Pollini)
- ruffles (Louis Vuitton, Valentino)
- genuine leather (Jean Paul Gaultier) and reptile leather (Dries Van Noten)
- tweed (Miu Miu)
- colours: black (Elie Saab), gray (Alberta Ferretti), navy (Loewe)