Have a look at the top coat trends and types for fall 2011 and winter 2012. Get geared up for the season with the editor’s picks and find the ideal topper for all your favorite winter pieces.
GUESS by Marciano Leather Coat
Welcome the transitional season in a luxurious leather coat with a modern silhouette. As leather works for every occasion this fall, such a coat is an investment in versatile yet sophisticated outerwear style. Top the look off with tights and pumps or uber-trendy bondage boots.
As seen in: Valentino, Viktor & Rolf
Designers pulled out all the stops to make sure you stay warm and toasty this winter. A rough parka extends the utilitarian look by taking on a luxurious accent – a peek-a-boo slinky gown underneath. In philosophical sense, this is where grunge meets glam, in practical sense it’s highly useful.
As seen in: Mulberry, Altuzarra
Chase away those cold weather blues in a chic coloured coat that breaks the mold of blacks and grays! Cheerful rainbow hues we’ve seen in Spring have been continued as a Winter 2011 outerwear trend. This season statement-making colours will hit the streets in a perfect style for chilly days.
As seen in: Burberry Prorsum, Gucci
Add a touch of luxe to the basic coats you see on the streets. A modern twist of a fur-trim coat is perfect for everyday wear, and will satisfy your winter weather needs while creating a flattering look. It keeps you snuggly warm in below zero temperatures and makes a perfect finishing piece to your winter 2012 look.
As seen in: Alexander Wang, Rag & Bone
Ted Baker cape coat
Indulge in a sumptuous trend-right swingy poncho that boasts a ladylike charm. This dramatic and effortless way to cover up is ideal for layering. Luckily, a cozy and luxurious cape coat can be paired with everything you like from dresses to denim. You’ll never want to take it off!
As seen in: DKNY, Band of Outsiders
Buy a Cape Coat
- Fair Isle Sweaters to Warm Up Your ChristmasInspired by the classic Nordic patterns, Fair Isle sweaters have unquestionable style. They combine the advantages of a work-to-weekend versatility and an on-trend attitude. It is no wonder a Fair Isle is the "it" pattern of the winter season for everything knit. Posted in Fashion Trends
- Top Fall Boots Every Woman Should OwnThere's no time like the present to slip into a new pair of boots. With our Fall / Winter boot shopping guide, the latest styles featuring ankle booties, thigh high boots, buckle boots and equestrian-style boots are sure to kick your cold-weather style into high gear. Posted in Shoes & Accessories, Fall Fashion
- 5 Jackets Everyone Should Have In Their ClosetsSo your anorak is starting to look dated. Do you have the right jacket to replace it with? Lucky you, this fall designers pulled out all the stops to make sure you stay warm and toasty. Presenting chic jacket choices to keep you up to date with the best of fashionable outerwear. Posted in Fall Fashion
- Collegiate-Inspired Look To Try This FallWhether you’re going to a gig or planning a study session you can always count on the American high school-inspired preppy clothes. This season a book worm-look with on-trend varsity jackets, pleated skirts, chunky cardigans and leather oxford shoes get full marks in style! Posted in Shopping
- Shoe Trends Straight From The Spring Summer 2022 RunwaysIf you happen to be looking to step up your wardrobe, shoes are the perfect territory to tread into first, and the spring / summer 2022 shoe trends offer diverse designs for this. Looking for some hot shoes? With this spring shoe trend guide you will always look fine, chic, and in-the-know! Posted in Shoes & Accessories
- 5 Spring Summer 2022 Bag TrendsFor many, a spanking new bag in their arms sounds like a good idea as a welcome note for the new season. The good news: there are plenty of options from the Spring/Summer 2022 collections to choose from. Here are the latest handbag trends you'll want to invest in to fully live the heat […] Posted in Shoes & Accessories