Bags, bags, bags! You know what? I love handbags because you don’t need to be on a diet to look fab with a bag. It’s all about what you wear with it, meaning how you make a match and use of the latest trends.
Basically there are many different types of handbags which are en vogue this spring and summer 2009. Size differs from huge totes to tiny clutches, so the range (and the choice!) is quite ample. Provided that the main factor was a size, you can choose (starting from the biggest ones):
- huge totes (Kenzo)
- medium sized bags (Christian Dior)
- medium sized clutches (Elie Saab)
- tiny clutches (Hervé Léger)
Medium sized clutches is a fashion accessory that left me stunned. They aren’t that teeny-weeny like their fall 2008 winter 2009 ancestors so you can pack half of your world there and still look glamorous. Be careful so as not to make it stuffed – that looks cheap.
The following types of handbags are currently being plastered with praise by the designers worldwide and are the ultra fashionable accessory for spring summer 2009:
- classic strap handbag (Marc by Marc Jacobs)
- bag with a chain (Christian Lacroix)
- squishy bag (scrunched in the hand) (Missoni)
What are the materials used for handbags?
- reptile leather of different colors (Lavin)
- silk fabrics
- folk motif
- fringes (Diane Von Furstenberg)
- embellished with sequins (also clustered embellishments)