As you probably know, it was a big day for Kathryn Bigelow and her Iraq War thriller “The Hurt Locker” that defeted completly her ex husband’s movie “Avatar”. Bigelow was also a first female director to win the Oscar. Gosh, it was quite a revenge.
See also: Oscars 2011 fashion
But what this year’s Oscar fashion was about? The thing is that there weren’t many (or any?) fashion faux-pas so I can’t badmouth anyone. Instead, there were lots of pastels and neutrals that make a spring 2010 color trend, lots of sparkle which is another trend and of course a red carpet must-have. There were also blue gowns, metallic ones and gowns with floral accents. As far as hair, stars basically chose elegant top knots, buns and chignons.
Who wore what at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards?
- Sandra Bullock, the Best Actress winner wore a gleaming, metallic and lace Marchesa gown
- Zoe Saldana wore a stunning Givenchy couture gown (presented on the runway by Natalia Vodianova)
- Kate Winslet in a strapless gold Atelier Yves Saint Laurent gown
- Miley Cyrus in a gold bustier-style Jenny Packham number
- Mariah Carey in a blue revealing (surprise, surprise) Valentino Haute Couture
- Jennifer Lopez wore a voluptuous Armani Prive gown
- Kristen Steward in Monique Lhuillier
- Penelope Cruz in a stunning Donna Karan gown
- Meryl Streep in a white Grecian gown by Chris March
- Mo’Nique, the Best Supporting Actress winner in an eclectic blue Tadashi Shoji gown
- Charlize Theron in Christian Dior gown with a bra detail on the bodice
- Carey Mulligan in a black full-skirted Prada
- Demi Moore in a silk organza Versace Atelier
- Sarah Jessica Parker in a romantic yet modest Chanel couture frock
- Cameron Diaz in a gold strapless gown by Oscar de la Renta
- Nicole Richie in a backless metallic Reem Acra
- Amanda Seyfried in an sculpted Armani Prive gown
picture credit: Celeb Utopia