After crazy winter sales there’s time to upgrade your spring shopping list. Number one on the list is a fashion synonym of over-the-top romanticism and it is…a floral print (dresses, halters, sheaths, tunics, tops, jackets, pants, shorts etc.)!
Flowered patterns have dominated most spring summer runways, in paricular the ones that took place in Milan Fashion Week. Colorful floral print dresses were especially featured in Alberta Ferretti (fabulous collection btw), Dolce & Gabbana and Marni‘s collections. Looks like again, designers are going back to basics and they show their understanding to the women wanting to accentuate their feminity. Or like Fergie would sing in “My Humps”: “my sexy lady looks”! These flirty and playful dresses are a manifesto of feminity and they forecast a hot joyful summer.
Floral look ideas for Spring Summer season include bright and juicy floral prints and floral embellishments on the clothes. As I remember, a floral print dress was also a spring summer must-have and it’s just not a surprise. Floral print is the universal pattern for every spring and every summer and its popularity simply depends on designers who dictate trends. If you turn around on a beach or on the pier you will always see someone wearing “the naive print of a floral dress” – so read the press notes at Ralph Lauren’s summer collection.
How to wear floral print?
I once heard that floral print is one of the trickier summer trends to style. Trying too hard to match the pattern with the rest of your outfit could result in you looking like a garden. Here’s a how-to guide on tackling this flirty trend for the summer months.
- Floral is a very whimsical and fun pattern, so play off it with the other items of your outfit.
- Don’t be afraid to incorporate other minor floral patterns with your other pieces, but never match the pattern exactly. Use the colors of the flowers on your shoes as the inspiration for the rest of your outfit.
- Choose cute and summery colored denim cutoffs paired with a rose-colored floral sweater.
- For daytime, opt for a cute complementary backpack, like this one in a varying floral pattern.
- Take this look from day to night by switching the backpack for a cute shoulder bag.
- Lastly, offset the femininity of this look by choosing a pair of masculine-looking aviators to give your outfit some edge!
|Jessica Howard Women’s Belted Floral Dress|