Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fashionx/domains/fashionallure.com/public_html/style/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-by-zemanta/init.php on line 340
The smokey eye effect has gained a lot of popularity especially with celebrities. I am going to walk you through, in step-by-step fashion how I do my own eyes. Many girls do theirs in there own little way or whichever makes them feel comfortable, so here is mine!
The majority of women love to have a makeup case full of a variety of eye shadow, blush, mascara and so on. One of the must have makeup items is eye shadow. Eye shadow is so important because of its versatility. There are a range of colours to choose from and if you know how then you can create many different looks for your eyes. With the right type of colours you can create any look for any kind of occasion.
One of the most common looks women go for is smokey eyes. The smokey eye look is popular as it creates volume for your eyes and makes them stand out a lot more. Creating the perfect smokey eye look can be quite tricky for some people. Before you begin trying to create this look you need to ensure you have all the makeup accessories needed. By following these steps you will in no time have the smokey eye effect mastered.
How to Do Smokey Eyes?
- Firstly you need to work out which type of eye shadow you should use. It is advisable to stick with light shades such as light brown or taupe if it is your first time trying this technique.
- Determine whether you would like to use matte or shimmer. More experienced users tend to use matte whereas beginners should start off with a shimmer.
- You then need to apply the base layer of the eye shadow. In order to do this you need to use an eye shadow brush, preferably a double-ended brush. The base tone should now be applied all over the eyelid. This shade of colour will be important to apply, as the second colour applied will have more chance of sticking to the eyelid.
- Now your second colour can be applied. By using the side of your eye shadow brush you should apply your second colour to your eyelid. Start at the top of the lash line and slowly work towards the crease of your eye. This will help to make your eyes stand out well.
- Begin applying colour to your lower lash line. Start in the center of the lower lash line and begin moving the brush slowly from side to side. Ensure you have applied colour accordingly across the entire lash line. This will allow your eyes to stand out a lot more and also cover up and defects you may feel you have.
- Ensure the lower lash line is how you would like it to be. Experiment with the thickness of the eye shadow underneath the eye. The line does not need to be neat. The smudgier the line is the better. Just try not to go for too much of a thick or smudged line as this could be unflattering. Once you have perfected the bottom lash line you can begin using any type of eye shadow colour you want. Be as daring as you like.
- If you want your eyes to stand out even more than you should try applying some colour to your top lash line. Make sure that the colour you use is slightly darker than the shade, which you have applied on your eyelid.
- To finish off the smokey eye look make sure you apply an adequate amount of eyeliner and mascara.
Most people assume that in order to create the perfect smokey eye effect you need to use dark colours. This is not true. Nowadays you can experiment with virtually any colour you like. Dark shades such as black and gray tend to make some people look washed out and can not turn out well. Try using alternative colours such as chocolate, violet and also dark green.
So there you have it, step by step on how to create the smokey eye look. You shouldn’t worry if you don’t get it right the first time. Practice makes perfect. If you are still having trouble with following these steps just remember to continue trying or even ask a friend for some help. Good Luck!
Author: Emily Davies writes for many Health & Makeup blogs including her own.