In Spring 2012, makeup artists have gone two separate lip ways by adapting either a bold classic red lipstick or a demure nude pout. Both ways are equally trendy and statement-making so read on to find your own way to the perfect pout!
Nothing speaks retro beauty more than a simple red pout. This season, makeup artists used in most cases a matte lipstick with a highly pigmented formula. Gliding on smoothly and imparting a velvety, high-fashion matte finish in rich modern colour, the red pout goes together with flawless complexion and bare eyes.
- Summer 2012 bold lip trend was seen in Christian Dior where makeup artist Pat McGrath mixed three different pigments to come up with an amazing pink-red mouth
- Anna Sui took her hat off the crimson pout too. Stating that everyone looks good with a red lipstick, she proved it by wearing a crimson lip herself
- On the contrary, there was Jean Paul Gaultier whose models had their lips covered with a precise coat of a bright crimson pigment with a more fluid appearance
- The most vampy and decadent interpretation of red was presented in Donna Karan. Burgundy (almost chocolate) pigment was applied onto models’ lips by makeup artist, Charlotte Tilbury
Discover delicious sheer shades that adorn your lips with a delicate veil of colour. This season, nude lip and a perfect skin blend together to create the laid-back background to the bold spring 2012 makeup trends. Let’s go over different ideas presented in Spring’s fashion shows.
- In Burberry Prorsum, lips were treated to a slick lip shade in a tawny pink
- A lavender-tinged nude effect was created with sheer purple pigment in Rodarte
- In Dries van Noten, makeup artists blended the velvety foundations onto lips to eliminate any hint of colour
- Tom Pecheux used a high shine sheer yellow lipgloss to take away the pink from Derek Lam model’s lips