On the contrary to the laid-back hair trends, spring 2012 makeup is definitely going to be turning heads. Let me put the record straight: eyes are the focal point of the most enchanting spring ensembles. The intense eye look obviously requires more preparation so plan your beauty schedule carefully so as not to get fashionably (too) late. Caution: these makeup trend ideas are definitely not suitable for a visit to the grocery store.
Eye makeup trend #1: Smoky eyes
Women’s favourite eye makeup trend taken to the extreme! Spring 2012 catwalks (especially Gucci and Rodarte) abounded with exaggerated metallic and gilded chrome eyes perfect for a night in the town. How to create this captivating raccoon eye look? Play up the drama with your favourite smoky eye set and get proud by practicing.
Eye makeup trend #2: Metallic eyes
It’s not actually the simple eye shadow makeup artists placed on models’ eyelids in Fendi to brighten eyes with metallic definition. This time it was a graphic metallic element, the ultimate gold and silver high shimmer reminiscent of the foil. Go for this theatrical and reflective look anytime you aim to create a vivid statement.
Eye makeup trend #3: Graphic eyeliner
Define your eye line to perfection with a liquid eyeliner for all-out dramatic look. Precise contouring is necessary to achieve a flawless winged eyeliner makeup we’ve seen in Jonathan Saunders. Go with a thick black cat-eye with an upward flick and bring the other the line back onto the crease. Very mod fashion-esque.
Eye makeup trend #4: Pop of colour
Whether you choose a daring vampire red (as seen in Miu Miu), or a dreamy blue (as seen in Vivienne Westwood Red Label) remember to apply the shade smoothly and evenly on the entire eyelid. Going bright and bold on the lids requires low-key clothing and barely there lips since highly pigmented eyes draw a lot attention.
- 5 Jackets Everyone Should Have In Their ClosetsSo your anorak is starting to look dated. Do you have the right jacket to replace it with? Lucky you, this fall designers pulled out all the stops to make sure you stay warm and toasty. Presenting chic jacket choices to keep you up to date with the best of fashionable outerwear. Posted in Fall Fashion
- How To Stack Your RingsWhether you love designer rings or more affordable styles, rings are the ultimate accessory. They elevate any look, and some rings can even bring some rock’n’roll energy! They are an effortless way to accent your hands and add a modern twist to your outfits. No street style-worthy look […] Posted in Shoes & Accessories
- The Girl’s Guide to Wearing a Midi SkirtWhen a mini isn't cutting it and a maxi just won't do, it could be the perfect time for you to consider adding a midi skirt into the fashion fold. Midis effortlessly transition from the office to happy hour with the help of a few key accessories, so we're predicting they'll be our new […] Posted in Fashion Trends
- How To Look Cool In Aviator SunglassesWhen you think of sunglasses, there is perhaps one style that comes to mind: Aviators. They were originally developed and sold by Ray-Ban and since the beginning aviators have been some of the ultimate fashion accessories. There’s nothing quite like wearing sunglasses designed for […] Posted in Shoes & Accessories
- Choose the right accessories to turn a drab look into fabAccessorizing, as effective as it is in adding new energy, can feel daunting even for fashion addicts owing to the myriad of diversity. Let's see what it takes to make successful purchases and ensure you're not frittering away money on pieces that will end up at the bottom of your closet. Posted in Fashion
- Effortlessly Cool: The Ultimate Casual Style Guide For MenWhen it comes to men's fashion, one of the most important considerations is what clothing they should wear when relaxing. Whether it's a weekend getaway or a night out with friends, it's important to look great while feeling comfortable. First and foremost, it's essential to understand […] Posted in Fashion