Spring is all about freshness. But before you fill your wardrobe with florals and bright colours, know that there’s no substitute for a glowing complexion. Fortunately, you don’t have to splurge on expensive facials, because luminous skin is within your reach. Here’s how:
Apply SPF religiously
It can’t be said enough: SPF is the best anti-ager. In a study published on Dermatologic Surgery, researchers found that wearing SPF daily is effective in warding off wrinkles and pigmentation from UV rays. And with the sun in full swing this spring, there’s no excuse to skip this endeavour.
The backbone of a good skincare regimen is moisturiser. Ingredients like hyaluronic acid are standard, but Pretty Me’s review of the Asian favourite Snail White Whipp Soap points out how sunflower oil concentrate and snail extract can give you naturally dewy skin, too. These are gaining popularity among the global skincare community, as they’re known to support skin cell regeneration.
Caption: Snail White Whipp Soap
Think of your skin as a surface that needs polishing every now and then. Keep the dead skin cells from building up by exfoliating weekly. However, Unedited Glow’s feature on Drunk Elephant’s Sukari Babyfacial recommends easing into exfoliation products slowly to avoid irritation, especially if your skin isn’t used to it.
Sukari Babyfacial from Drunk Elephant
Some cosmetic intervention can’t hurt. Whether you’re looking for a subtle sheen or head-turning glitter, highlighter can do the trick. Fenty Beauty’s Killawatt Highlighters are great for a glow that lasts all day. Its powder formula is easy to apply and can withstand the sunniest of days.
Killawatt Highlighters from Fenty Beauty
Eat your way to glowing skin
Sometimes, the secret to a radiant complexion is in your kitchen. Like we previously discussed here on Fashion Allure, foods like nuts, fish, and olive oil can help you achieve a “lit-from-within” glow. When in doubt, fill your plate up with as much colour as you can. That means doubling up on antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies like carrots, kiwis, and strawberries.
- Simplified Skincare: Get the Clear, Radiant Complexion you DesireClear and beautiful skin is one of the main elements of a person's beauty. We buy all the latest products, try the newest techniques and, in some cases, even seek professional help, often to no avail. So, how do we get the fresh, blemish-free, glowing skin we're after? Keep reading to find out. Posted in Beauty & Hair
- Real Tips for Summer-Ready LegsFor the woman venturing into the heat, the question remains: if her legs must be exposed, how may she ensure they appear to best advantage? As it happens, there are several things she can do. Here are six of them. Posted in Beauty & Hair
- What Your Perfume Is Actually Saying About The Type Of Person You AreGetting the right perfume is not a hard task, nonetheless is it not a piece of cake. The first step in the pursuit of fragrance is to have some background information about perfumes. Well, this is what Christian Dior had to say on the matter "A woman's perfume tells more about her than […] Posted in Beauty & Hair
- Getting Clear Skin This SummerWith summer on our doorsteps and warmer, longer days on the horizon, it’s a good time to start rethinking our skincare routine. Every season brings along its own set of complexion busters, and summer’s no exception. So as we find ourselves getting outside more and soaking up all those […] Posted in Beauty & Hair
- Why Breitling Is An Enduringly Popular Watch BrandRenowned for their quality and expertise, Breitling is a brand that has been exceeding standards for Swiss timepieces since the later part of the 1800s. Whether it be timekeeping in the air, on land or at sea, Breitling have stood out as a leader in chronographs, dive watches, and pilot accessories. Posted in Shoes & Accessories
- Burgundy Is The Ultimate Colour for FallBid a goodbye to bright colours of spring and summer and gear yourself to welcome fall and winter with darker palette of hues. From Tory Burch and Zuhair Murad to Diane von Furstenberg and Kenzo, burgundy designs were sent down the numerous runways taking a modern stance on elegant […] Posted in Fall Fashion