On a night of sizzling dresses and the best movies, the stars, the gowns, and the new beauty trends gathered in one place – the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards brought out the very best in fashion and style. With many stars channeling their inner Veronica Lake, the Old Hollywood glamour and a retro-inspired beauty was a popular choice. As of the most popular clothing trends, red was the colour of the night and it would rival two other major 2013 fashion trends: blush and illusion lace.
Golden Globes 2013 Fashion
- Victoria’s Secret angel Miranda Kerr feted the Golden Globes with InStyle in a burgundy Zuhair Murad gown accessorized with strappy sandals and a satin clutch from Salvatore Ferragamo
- Jessica Alba looked amazing in a stunning Oscar de la Renta’s mermaid gown. She accessorized her warm coral gown with a matching clutch from Roger Vivier and Harry Winston’s diamond necklace
- Kate Hudson who presented the first award of the night, wowed in an Alexander McQueen keyhole gown accessorized with Jennifer Meyer gold jewelry
- Taylor Swift made a grand entrance on the red carpet in a fitted plum gown from Donna Karan Atelier. Taylor completed her look with Rene Caovilla heels, Oroton clutch and Lorraine Schwartz jewellery
- Nicole Richie channeled Old Hollywood glamour in an embellished lace Naeem Khan dress in powder blue. Matching blue eye shadow, and House of Harlow clutch complemented her look
- At the InStyle Golden Globes bash, Selena Gomez shone in a beautiful Atelier Versace dress with Jimmy Choo heels. She finished off her look with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and enviable locks
- Nicole Kidman stood out in an elegant black Alexander McQueen dress, Manolo Blahnik shoes, Fred Leighton jewels, and a Roger Vivier clutch
- Marion Cotillard opted for a rather modest belted Christian Dior dress with an asymmetrical hemline. She finished off her look with a pair of pointed toe stilettos and on-trend slicked back hair
- Lucy Liu brought a sense of spring to the red carpet in a Carolina Herrera floral ball gown from designer’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection. Ferragamo clutch, and Giuseppe Zanotti shoes complemented the look
- The Glee actress, Lea Michele shimmered in an off-white Elie Saab dress with a high slit, Lorraine Schwartz jewels, and Giambattista Valli shoes
- Jennifer Lawrence brightened up the red carpet in a belted Christian Dior Haute Couture gown, accessorized with a metallic box clutch and Chopard diamonds
- The Best Actress winner, Jessica Chastain chose a customized seafoam Calvin Klein Collection dress that perfectly complemented her red locks. $3 million worth of Harry Winston diamonds caught every woman’s attention
- Mother-to-be Kristen Bell showed off her growing baby bump in a subtle Jenny Packham gown with beautiful beading. A braid-adorned ponytail added a girly flair to her exceptional maternity look
- Halle Berry exposed exactly the right amount of skin in a one-shouldered Atelier Versace Fall 2012 gown with an abstract print
- The actress Kate Beckinsale was pretty in pink while attending the Warner Bros afterparty in a ’60s inspired strapless Gucci dress. A gold choker balanced out her soft look.
- Jennifer Lopez stunned in a sheer nude long-sleeved gown designed by Zuhair Murad. The body-contouring design with strategically placed lace embroidery embodied one of the night’s biggest trends – illusion lace
- Eva Longoria showed some skin in a black custom-made Emilio Pucci dress, paired with Charlotte Olympia heels and Martin Katz earrings
- The Best Actress in a Television Drama winner, Claire Danes stunned alongside her husband in a custom-made Atelier Versace silk column gown paired with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry
- The new Bond girl, Bérénice Marlohe turned heads in a beautiful embroidered illusion tulle gown from Monique Lhuillier. A shimmering minaudiere, navy blue manicure and side-swept hair completed her look.
- Les Miserables actress Anne Hathaway channeled her inner Snow White in an embellished Chanel Couture gown consisting of a peplum top and a structured column skirt