Understated and elegant shift dress presents a minimalist approach to feminity. There is nothing more modest in a dress fashion than a simple shift dress but somehow it made it to the wardrobe staple list. The secret is mixing ladylike accessories with a simple shift dress that leaves it all to the imagination.
The tried-and-true day frock? The shift, a short and usually sleeveless dress that hangs from the shoulders. Boasting clean lines and an effortlessly chic mod attitude, the shift dress presents a minimalist approach to feminity. For the ultimate Twiggy feel, accessorize with knee-high boots and a structured bag. To the office, enhance your style with cute pumps instead.
In spring summer it is a season’s must-have dress type. Victoria Beckham has already proved it in her spring summer 2011 fashion collection (very successful one to be honest) where she favoured colour-pop versions of a shift dress. The singer-turned-fashion designer has sported – herself – a marigold shift dress and sparked a question whether the cheerfully coloured dress really suited her face.
Shift dress is a simple dress solution for everyday activities. It will work best styled with minimal accessories – what you can really play with are shoes, especially high-heels or booties (in case of colder days). Vibrant colours promise to cheer you up after months spent on a snow-covered world. Shift dresses in graphic patterns, bright colours and more, this loose silhouette is both stylish and easy to wear.
- Fair Isle Sweaters to Warm Up Your ChristmasInspired by the classic Nordic patterns, Fair Isle sweaters have unquestionable style. They combine the advantages of a work-to-weekend versatility and an on-trend attitude. It is no wonder a Fair Isle is the "it" pattern of the winter season for everything knit. Posted in Fashion Trends
- 5 Jackets Everyone Should Have In Their ClosetsSo your anorak is starting to look dated. Do you have the right jacket to replace it with? Lucky you, this fall designers pulled out all the stops to make sure you stay warm and toasty. Presenting chic jacket choices to keep you up to date with the best of fashionable outerwear. Posted in Fall Fashion
- How To Wear Denim On Denim TrendStella McCartney, Jean Paul Gaultier and - above all - Ralph Lauren prepared a strong dose of denim for their spring collections. Even though the head-to-toe denim look is usually a fashion "don't", it's no longer a shame to wear it this way. Take a cue from your favourite celebrities […] Posted in Fashion Trends
- Update Your Winter Wardrobe With These Chic Sweater DressesFuzzy, warm, printed or minimalistic – we love all styles of the sweater dress. Made of wool, cotton or cashmere, this dress type is the easiest way to achieve the effortlessly chic work-to-weekend look. Will you cozy up this Fall and Winter in a stylish sweater dress? Posted in Winter Fashion
- 10 Beauty Tips to Get Ready For SpringWith spring in full swing it's high time we start adjusting beauty routines for the changes in the weather. Get carried away in new season's preparations with these 10 easy steps that will let your beauty flourish this spring. Here's how to get ready for the warm weather from head to toe! Posted in Beauty & Hair
- 7 Tips to Make You Feel More Confident in SwimwearIf you are like most people, then one of the seasons you look forward to is summer. This is the opportunity for anyone with an active lifestyle to enjoy the outdoors, cookouts, travel, etc. All women deserve to have a great time at the beach or swimming pool. Take a look at these few […] Posted in Fashion Trends